It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chapter 9, Page 10, Book 13




The price of anything
is the amount of life you exchange for it.

Henry David Thoreau


I have paid the price…

I had a large family and certainly paid the price for that…Others thought we were crazy wanting and having so many children, but believe me when I say it was worth the price…

I'm retired and I paid the price to do so…  I worked many many years to be able to do so.  I continue to pay the price too as I have to live a life below what some people call average just to do so.  Money only goes so far and even though my life is a frugal one, it is well worth it.

For those that know, a great price was paid for all of us just so we can have hope .

The price you are willing to pay may not be the same as what I am,  and we all have things we won't pay any price for too. Being criticized for living you life as you see fit isn't easy either.  The question is really al about how much you are willing to pay for what you want in life.

Making up your mind as to what is worth the price pretty much does determine how you live your life.

9 comments:

linda m said...

Boy, are your thoughts for today ever true. We pay a price for every decision we make. I took early retirement at a greatly reduced S.S. check but have never regretted it for a moment. Is my life style changed - oh you bet it is. But I am willing to pay the price in order to keep my health. Have a blessed day.

jack69 said...

Oh yes, it is smart to try to determine what price we are willing to pay for our decisions.

Andy YES, we all pay a price whether we like it or agree with it, the fiddler will be paid.
Good read

Mary Ann said...

Oh, MA, since I retired a year ago I wondered many times if I should have done so. I'm repaid day after day with peace and satisfaction from a job well done around the house and hobby farm. The animals are happier and healthier, and I have dropped nearly 20 pounds and sleep like a log at night. You're right, there are some things worth more than money.

Hollie said...

I think you made the right decision as you live such a BLESSED life and have such a wonderful loving family!!

TARYTERRE said...

A big family affords you all those BIG family gatherings. Nice, indeed.

Carol Z said...

I'm with you. Anything good takes effort and there's nothing free in this life. Being able to retire took years of commitment, but what a reward.

betty said...

So agree about the price, which may be different for all of us in the circumstances of life; so glad Jesus paid our price :)

I think frugal is a great lifestyle especially when you can pick how you choose your days :)

betty

betty said...

Like you, I have made my family my priority. In retirement, we live frugal, yet the best of bread and butter is on the table when the children and grandchildren visit. I love that you can still share real bayberry candles with your family at Christmas. Thanks for introducing this custom to me. I was able to order from Lehman's. They smelt beautiful on a Hawaiian Christmas table. Aloha.

JeanJournal said...

Being able to choose how we spend our day is WORTH IT ALL even if we spend less on our WANTS~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun~~EXTRA good read today & LOVED all the comments also~~WHOO! ALL YA'LL SO GOOD! ~~ Sorry that I'm a day late posting~~