It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Chapter 8, Page 18, Book 13





Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

Helen Keller

Sometimes we wish our lives away.  Research shows that we spend a lot of time ruminating about the past, or speculating about the future. To make things worse, much of this non-present thinking is negative. To live a happy, positive life we cannot be surrounded by the negative things.   To assure ourselves of a better future,  we have to first make the most of what we have right now.

There is only the moment.  The now.  Only what you are experiencing at this second is real.  This does not mean you live for the moment.  It means you live in the moment.         

Leo Buscaglia

Perhaps one of the greatest lessons we can learn is that we really only need to take care of today.  It takes courage to let go of painful memories or circumstances.  But when you do it surely does feel great!

Dear Father in Heaven, In the endings show me the beginnings.  
In the beginnings help me to let go of the endings.

I read the little prayer shown above and thought to share it with you all today.  I know I'll be praying it and trying to live more in the present moment each day.

Too much time has been spent on the past, and the future is unknown.  


If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.  

Author Unknown

6 comments:

Hollie said...

This so true!! I have a problem of doing this, but I'm trying to change my ways. To be honest, I am happier living day by day and not fretting over the past or the future!

linda m said...

Great topic. I have been trying to think more positive but some days I just can't. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

This is true. Living in the present is a gift.

jack69 said...

You said it again, We only have to worry about today.....

BUT WHY, WHY? is it so hard for us 'hardheaded' humans to understand that....
(HUGS) from the rainy East end of Tennessee

JeanJournal said...

Every day~~It is what it is~~and each day is to be filled with love joy peace long suffering gentleness goodness faith meekness temperance ( against such there is no law )))) ~~ I cherish another opportunity to try to be a blessing to others~~9EACH NEW DAY WITH JESUS IS SWEETER THAN THE DAY BEFORE~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun~~ Blessya Ma! IONL

Chatty Crone said...

I was reading your first picture - Just let go. Gosh I wish I could sometimes!