It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, August 30, 2013

Chapter 8, Page 30, Book 13



WAIT

Worship God and show gratitude for what God’s done in your life .Set aside time each day to worship God through prayer, meditation, or even gathering with others to share your faith. I personally love listening to Christian meditation podcasts before I go to sleep at night. No matter the manner, find ways to worship!

Accept God’s timing. If you haven’t gotten what you want yet, chances are it’s either not for you right now, or it’s not for you at all because something different is even more perfect for you. Live in the present moment and find peace where you are. Slow down and take notice of what’s happening around you. Rather than worrying about tomorrow, really hone in on whatever you are doing today. Regardless of whether you are in your ideal place in life, today is still a day that the Lord has made.

Inspire and encourage yourself. Instead of having a pity party, lift yourself up by lifting others up. Give to those in need. Perhaps donate some unused clothing to a charity, volunteer at a homeless shelter, or visit an older relative in a nursing home.

Trust God’s will. How do we really trust? You have to completely surrender what you think is possible and give it over to God. Release the worldly concept of likelihood and remember the astonishing miracles Jesus performed. Realize that through God, anything is possible. Have faith that the best is yet to come.

Author Unknown



Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite.  Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance.  Everyone is just waiting.  

Dr. Seuss


Waiting is hard for us all and more often than I'd like, I find my self waiting for things to happen…it's one thing we all do at one time or another.  The W.A.I.T. message above shows us what we can do while we're waiting.  We don't want life to come to a screeching halt while we wait things out.

I know the best way to live is in the present moment and not put life on hold while we wait and I think that there are times that I look ahead and forget to enjoy and appreciate where I am today.

 Instead of waiting by the phone or looking at your watch, we need get off the bench, get into the game of life, and make a difference.

Don't give up! Don’t stop believing! Stay full of hope and expectation. 

Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch. 

E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

6 comments:

linda m said...

Waiting and being patient are two of the hardest things for me. Just have to put more trust in God. Blessings

jack69 said...

Funny you should post this. Right now I am waiting for something to happen in the family!
LOVE from NC.

JeanJournal said...

I am waiting for the TV PEOPLE TO COME and finish their job about adding to my package...TIME waits for no one...AND SO I am keeping busy with small chores...till they get here. LOVEYA! Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

Scrappy quilter said...

I love this one. Waiting is hard work at times however most times so very rewearding. We've found that out over and over agin. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

I'm always waiting for something.

Chatty Crone said...

I will say I have a hard time waiting for God's answer and sometimes accepting it - I will ask are you sure - are you listening? sandie