10 commandments to get along with people. Even one or two of these could be a great help to us on our daily journey!
(1) Say less than you think. Cultivate a calm voice, how you say it often means the most.
(2) Make promises sparingly, keep them faithfully.
(3) Never lose opportunities to say a kind word to or about somebody. Praise work well done.
(4) Be genuinely interested in others. Let everyone you meet feel that you regard them as if they are the only person that matters in the world.
(5) Be cheerful as best you can.
(6) Keep an open mind on all debateable questions. There's a big difference between discussing something and arguing something.
(7) Don't give in to gossip. It is so destructive.
(8) Respect the feelings of others.
(9) Pay no attention to those who think less of you. There are always knockers in this world but know that there are many more people willing to uplift and encourage.
(10) It won't cost you anything, smile!!
Getting along with others isn't always easy especially when some we meet only want to argue or grumble.
I know I've met a few that were very hard to get along with but because I had to work with them it was better for me if I tried to do so.
I've never been a person to make waves, but still when something offends me or I hear something untrue, I wind up speaking my mind about it. I know now that it is how you say something at times like that does make a difference.
I've heard some that are very smooth talkers and I've often wished that I could be like them. They always have the appropriate thing to say no matter what the situation. Well, that is one thing out of many that I'm still working on. Maybe just one of these days I'll get it right. Mean while, lets all try to get along with others, it's worth a try.