It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chapter 8, Page 27, Book 13





Blessed are the cracked,
for they shall let in the light.

 Groucho Marx

I think the little quote above is a heartfelt reminder that being a little bit broken is an opportunity to find ways to be thankful.  Thankful people always seem to shine a little brighter than the rest of us.

It's when we're down and out that we really need to be counting our blessings.

 If you only look at us, you might well miss the brightness. We carry this precious Message around in the unadorned clay pots of our ordinary lives. 
   
2 Corinthians 4:7, The Message

The Gratitude Syndrome seems to be going around now and many of us have caught this infection.  It makes you desire what you already have rather than always needing to have what you think you desire.

You see, I have defects, flaws, and cracks as do most of us. It could be that  like me, you have spent most of your time, energy and effort trying to hold it all together,    It is when I got to the lowest, darkest point of my life that I learned to count my blessings and pretty soon the world got a whole lot brighter.

No doubt about it, I have the syndrome of gratefulness.

I want to be chronically grateful, don’t you?

AND REMEMBER: 

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but 
you always know they are there. 

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED 
FOR THEY ARE THE ONES 
WHO LET IN THE LIGHT! 

Life is like a roll of toilet paper 
The closer it gets to the end, 
the faster it goes.

7 comments:

linda m said...

Excellent post . Blessings

jack69 said...

What a statement....
The Gratitude Syndrome seems to be going around now and many of us have caught this infection. It makes you desire what you already have rather than always needing to have what you think you desire.


THANKS

Rose said...

I totally agree with Jack69 about the gratitude syndrome going around which is a good thing.

Scrappy quilter said...

Another awesome post. Yes I want to be grateful everyday for all I have. God has been so good to us. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

Like the GRATITUDE SYNDROME. Sage Advice.

Carol Z said...

So true. I've taken it as my mission and it makes life so much happier. When I forget this my unhappiness level seems to go through the roof. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Chatty Crone said...

Great post - I will told you about my grateful journal - I have kept it now for 25 years - it changed who I was.