It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chapter 8, Page 21, Book 13




Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow. 

Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You

The slide rule

Every day there is a good chance that we'll do a little back sliding or that we'll let something slide right on by.  I know I do it and chances are some of you to do.

There are days I can feel my self sliding right down hill.  On Wednesdays I can feel myself sliding right in to the weekend.  

Truthfully, I can slip up and slide most any day of the week. There are many times I catch myself back sliding like a a calf on a muddy slope 

One of my favorite songs is about the Landslide, that brings you down…

Oh if you climb a mountain and you turn around. If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills. Well the landslide will bring you down, down…

Well sometimes it does seem as if the whole world is tumbling down around us, but one thing I know for sure, and maybe two, is that even though I may be getting older, I can always pick myself up and dust myself off and start all over again.

We might have big dreams and schemes and sometime it looks like we're caught in a landslide.

 Can the child within my heart rise above…

I may be getting older, but I hope wiser.  I've learned how to keep my balance to offset all that sliding around.  I think to rise above the calamities of life we have to have faith that this too is going to pass and there will be brighter days ahead.

The swift years slip and slide adown the steep;
The slow years pass; neither will come again.
William Sharp

3 comments:

jack69 said...

ery neat entry using the SLIDE!!! I like that. Yep, the slide can be fun, but also dangerous.
Love from NC

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE this concept of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow.


JeanJournal said...

((( Let nothing disturb thee~~Nothing afright thee~~All things are passing~~God never changes~Patient endurance~~attaineth to all things~~And who God possesseth~~in nothing is wanting~~GOD ALONE SUFFICETH~~((( aslipping and asliding~~awalking or ariding~~~tears or laughter ~~and 'a still small voice' to guide us! . . . and we don't get away with doing what we should not do~~I am thankful to have a Saviour who redeems our life daily with lovingkindness and tendermercies~~and OOOPS we are human and must repent~~'knowing JESUS LOVES me!" This I know~~for the Bible tells me so~~~wishing all a beautiful day~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun