It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chapter 8, Page 15, Book 13




I know no way of judging of the future but by the past.

 John Adams

Isn't that the truth. We do base our decisions on what we have learned in the past.  

Because of my past experiences, I've found that there is always hope for the future.  We never know how things are going to turn out, but because I've seen some miracles happen, I have hope that there will be more good things coming.

I'm not saying that what I think is the only way either.  Sometimes it is wise to follow the advice of others when dealing with decisions.  Someone else's sound advice is always appreciated.  Everybody uses judgment every day in the decision making process and we often counsel one another from what we've learned through our mistakes.  Whether it was good judgment or bad judgement depends on who you ask, so we have to be careful in that respect.

I believe that the dear Lord gives us wisdom when we pray.  He is the wisest judge of all and never leads us astray.  His Word is always the truth.   With that in mind, you can believe that you are in a better position to make decisions for yourself. 

It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are. 

Roy Disney

2 comments:

jack69 said...

There was a time when it was called common sense, but I noticed a sign on a church once:
Common sense isn't so common anymore.

That is true in many decisions. But He does give wisdom, and it pays to listen....
From Knoxville, TN on Raccoon Valley Road.

TARYTERRE said...

The past and it's mistakes shouldn't dictate the future, though.