It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chapter 8, Page 13, Book 2013


TRAVEL LOG - ENTRY 5






The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.  

St. Augustine




We did more traveling in this part of the state than any of the rest…more driving I should say.  As you can tell by the pictures, I was not driving, but was a passenger which was wonderful so I could take lots of pictures.   Our aim was to reach the most western part of the Ohio portion of the Lincoln Highway Buy Way before the end of the day so we didn't stop at any of the yard sales along the way here, but drove and drove.  All the scenery seemed to look much the same.



One thing they have here in abundance is wind farms.  Besides all the regular farming going on they have these huge windmills, hundreds of them.  I read that in this area they power over 76,000 homes.  It is pretty flat land and there is nothing much blocking the wind.  






And of course there are thousands of acres of corn and soybeans.  I really didn't see much of anything else being grown along the way.  




The view was breath taking



As evening drew in, we were blessed with some wonderful sights.




We reached the most western part of the ByWay around 6:30 in the evening and then headed home.  We were going to return by the Ohio turnpike but by the time we reached that, it was late and we wound up staying overnight.  One good thing was that we were close to where one of sons lives at that point and we were able to enjoy a late dinner with him and his family.

Tomorrow I'll share just a little of the trip home and then will resume regular programing with my blog until I'll have more of my travels to report on.  Another trip is planned for next week.


I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.  I travel for travel's sake.  The great affair is to move.  

Robert Louis Stevenson

6 comments:

linda m said...

You sure do take great pictures from a moving vehicle. Blessings

jack69 said...

Wonderful entry. Loved the sights via your camera. What a treat for an evening with a son and family, it is nice not to be rushed and be able to spend the night on the road on occasion.

Those quotes are so thought provoking. (smile)

JeanJournal said...

I can tell that you are moving happily along on your trips having MUCH FUN ~ Thanks for sharing.~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

Carol Z said...

Thanks for taking me along. You know how I love to travel and this is a part of the country I don't know well. Look forward to the rest of your travels.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the wind turbines. How nice you got to visit with your son.

Chatty Crone said...

Your pictures are better than mine moving in a vehicle.