It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 9, Book 13




A Simple Hug


There's something in a simple hug
That always warms the heart;
It welcomes us back home
And makes it easier to part.

A hug's a way to share the joy
And sad times we go through,
Or just a way for friends to say
They like you 'cause you're you.

Hugs are meant for anyone
For whom we really care,
From your grandma to your neighbor,
Or a cuddly teddy bear.

A hug is an amazing thing -
It's just the perfect way
To show the love we're feeling
But can't find the words to say.

It's funny how a little hug
Makes everyone feel good;
In every place and language,
It's always understood.

And hugs don't need new equipment,
Special batteries or parts
Just open up your arms
And open up your hearts.


Keep this hug going
Pass it on to your buddies.

Author unknown


Specially blended for encouragement…


The only thing that you can carry with you on your travels is your heart. Fill your heart with good things and good things will follow you for the rest of your life.

Scott Murray

What you give is what you get. I am sure that everyone of us have heard those words uttered again and again in our lives.  I like to think what I give I get back 1000 times over.   Being generous with loving hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds are small but powerful actions that demonstrate the love we have for family and friends

They say that the simple act of physical touch plays an important role our development. It seems that from the time we are infants, we need this basic form of human contact - to be touched, held, and cradled. 

Think about that next time you meet someone who is troubled, afraid, or just needs encouragement. You have something to offer! Just a touch on the shoulder, a pat on the back, or a warm hug are often more powerful than we think. 

Just sipping my tea today and thinking of all of you, my family and my friends and sending (((hugs))) your way.  We all need them and they are definitely appreciated here at my house.

The beauty of a hug is its simplicity. It costs nothing but can mean everything. Be generous with your hugs today and every day! 


4 comments:

linda m said...

What a beautiful poem. I love to give and receive hugs. I'm not afraid to hug someone I haven't seen in along time, or who is an old friend. Yes, I have gotten strange looks from some of the recipients, but that hasn't stopped me yet. Blessings.

TARYTERRE said...

I love the poem. And the sense of touch awakens the soul.

Chatty Crone said...

I want to give you a hug and tell you I am so sorry for being so late in reading comments. This summer has just about killed me. But I am here better late then never I hope. sandie

Barbara said...

A hug stimulates hormones that contribute to well being as well as making the participants feel good.