It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 07, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 7, Book 13



Specially blended for the pause that refreshes…


Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.

Langston Hughes

I'm not saying that we are welcoming all the summer rain we've been having, but you know a bit of humor does often clear the air.

I'm trying to accept the fact that my long awaited summer is not what I expected.  I dreamed of warm sunny days where I'd be spending most of my time outside and here I sit inside looking out at another rainy day.

A sprinkling of humor can refresh and can invoke a more positive outlook in our lives.  . It builds bonds and refreshes the mind. And although the right words can make people laugh, humor is more than just words. Humor has the unique power to lift a heart to new heights, to heal the hurts of a bad day, and to infuse the soul with inspiration.

So, I say, let the laughter roll!



Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.

Hosea Ballou

2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say I am not sure summer is going exactly like I (lol) planned. First of all there is no sun!!!
Have a good day.
Sandie

jack69 said...

Funny this whould be the first one I read after the time with not real net service. I am with my old friend and he can keep me in stitches.
Laughter is good medicine, for sure.

LOve and HUGS from New Mexico.