It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 05, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 5, Book 13






view from the porch

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Thomas Edison

Specially blended for the good life....

When I reach out to life, life always reaches out to me. It is never too late to expand my horizons, to participate in life more fully, to look at life differently.  I have much to give to life, and life has much to give to me.

A good life is not easy, at least not all the time.  More to the point, easy is not always good.

Use it or lose it is a very real phenomenon. I don't want life to pass my by.  Give yourself the gift that keeps on giving.  Don’t let your life be easy.  Accept the challenges as they comes and participate in each moment.  One of the best lessons I ever learned was to stop complaining, to change what you can, and accept what you cannot.

We've had just about 2 weeks of rain every day here in northern Ohio.  I'd say more than our fair share.

Life is good.  But if you want to be good to yourself, it should not always be easy.



3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Tired of the rain here too. But agree with your sentiment.

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree,give yourself the gift of simple, of enjoying life to the fullest. Great post!

Chatty Crone said...

It's raining here too and getting kind of old. I agree with you - if you want something bad enough - you have to work for it. sandie