It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 4, Book 13



Happy 4th of July!

I thought the words in the song below pretty much summed up my thoughts about this holiday so I'm sharing them with you all today.

My country, 'tis of thee, Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing:
Land where my fathers died, Land of the pilgrim’s pride, 
From ev’ry mountain side Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee, Land of the noble, free,
Thy name I love:
I love thy rocks and rills.
Thy woods and templed hills; 
My heart with rapture thrills Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze, 
And ring from all the trees Sweet freedom’s song:
Let mortal tongues awake; Let all that breathe partake;
 Let rocks their silence break, The sound prolong.

Our fathers' God, to Thee, 
Author of liberty,To thee we sing:
Long may our land be bright With freedom's holy light; 
Protect us by Thy might, Great God, our King!

Samuel F. Smith

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday!

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY 4th of July. ENJOY!

Carol Z said...

Happy birthday, America and happy wishes to you for the Fourth.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy 4th of July! God BLess America. sandie

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Happy 4th Ma! :)