It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 30, Book 13




Is the glass half empty, half full, or twice as large as it needs to be?

Author Unknown

Specially blended to fill your cup...

Some peoples glass is half full, others half empty, it just depends on their outlook; positive or negative. 

We are all familiar with the story of two people looking at the same glass and one perceiving it as half-full while the other sees it as half-empty. As much as we’ve heard this, it’s still a valuable lesson to really look ourselves and notice whether we are in half full or half empty way of thinking.

Indeed, a glass with water at the halfway point can be seen as both half empty and half full. If you see the glass as half full, you're generally optimistic.   I even heard one person exclaim, what does it matter?  You still have water don't you?  Pessimists think that improvement is not possible, so they tell you to be happy with the world as it is.

When the glass is half filled, the open space of the glass offers opportunity to be filled to change the situation of the half empty glass to be an overflowing glass.

You miss so much if you look at life through the half empty glass.  I firmly believe that if your focus is always on what is lost, you will feel like a looser.  Focus on what is broken and you will feel like having a breakdown.

I try to see every situation as a glass half full. If you didn't reach a goal, think of it as a learning process, or an opportunity to get it right the next time.

Of course I look at the glass half full.  The only time I would look at it half empty is when I think about how good the first half tasted.  

Drew Deyoung

3 comments:

jack69 said...

This is good. I have never heard the part about maybe it is twice the size it needs to be. I love your take on room for more.
Also the final quote made me smile. I like it.
Hugs from near Lake Michigan.

Chatty Crone said...

And sometimes you have to just drink and not even think about it. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

I agree with sandie. Just drink it and enjoy. LOL