It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 26, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 26, Book 13




For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Specially blended for thankfulness…


God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say thank you?

William A. Ward

Those two little words, Thank You, mean so much and really aren't used as often as they should be either.  I'm as guilty of that one as the next person.  Remembering to be thankful for everything we have is something I've been working on this year and I've been trying to list at least 3 things every day.  I keep record of them on my other blog and am now up to almost 800 with my aim being 1000 before the end of the year.

The thing is there are probably 800 things that happen every day of my life that I should be thankful for and most of the time I just take them for granted.  From each breath we take to the bed we sleep in, we all have things to be thankful for.  

It seems we don’t need more to be thankful for, we just need to be more thankful.

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  

Thornton Wilder

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Thank the Lord. Also thank you for the reminder!!
Thanks for life and all the beauty we have.
((HUGS)) from Iowa, headed across Ill. to Michigan today!

Rose said...

We all should take time to be thankful.

Thanks for the reminder!

JeanJournal said...

As Jack said . . . THank the Lord. Also thank you Ma ~ I'm especially thankful for Tayla and Tamari today . . . 10 years old and 5 years old . . . ALL in our family are very wonderful to me, but great GRANDMOTHER (THEY CALL ME (OTHERMAMA ) gets so much FUN with these 2 sweeties. ` Jean,(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

TARYTERRE said...

Being grateful is something more of us should do.