It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 21, Book 13



Living One Day at a Time

Our lives are made up of
a million different ways.
Some are spent searching for
love, peace, and harmony.Others
are spent surviving day by day.

But there are no greater moments than
that life, with all it's joys and sorrows,
is meant to be lived one day at a time.
It's in this knowledge that we discover
the most wonderful truth of all.

Whether we live in a forty room mansion,
surrounded by servants and wealth,
or find it a struggle to manage the
rent month to month we have
it within our power to be fully
satisfied and live a life
with true meaning.

One day at a time we have that ability,
through cherishing each moment
and rejoicing in each dream.

We can experience each day anew,
and with this fresh start we have
what it takes to make all our
dreams come true.

Each day is new, and living
one day at a time enables us to truly
enjoy life and live it to the fullest.

Author Unknown


It's Sunday morning and it looks like today will be a good one here. We are to be in the low 80's and sunny. 

Taking one day at a time is always a good way to live.  Yesterday is done and over and tomorrow hasn't come.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

9 comments:

Hollie said...

Loved the poem!! It's so true!! I hope you do enjoy your beautiful day there! We have the reunion to go to then I'm thinking we might run to Sams!

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree, it's the only way to live...one day at a time. Have a wonderful Sunday. Going to be hot here too.

jack69 said...

Enjoy the day, low 80's sounds soooo good. hahaha. We will be in the high 90's, today is our last full day of the family here in UTAH. So the heat won't be a big deal, just the fun.
((HUGS))

Rose said...

Happy Sunday!

No sun this morning here in South Florida! Still hot but then again, it is always hot here. LOL

linda m said...

Beautiful poem and so true. Have a wonderful day. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

You have a wonderful Sunday too.

Chatty Crone said...

Have a great great day! And yes live in day tight compartments! Sandie

JeanJournal said...

Dear ma, LOVED the poem. I'm going home the first week in August and try to get back to WHAT MY LIFE IS ALL ABOUT. My children are THE BEST and now it it time for me to go forward with how I want to spend the days ahead. ONE DAY AT A TIME SWEET JESUS...THAT'S ALL I'M ASKING OF YOU...LORD GIVE ME THE STRENGH TO LIVE EVERY DAY( as you want me to ) I want to keep on and on cherishing Every day! and as the poem says YESTERDAY IS GONE. and if we wake up the next day...GOD IS GIVING US ANOTHER CHANCE to MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun)

JeanJournal said...

Dear ma, LOVED the poem. I'm going home the first week in August and try to get back to WHAT MY LIFE IS ALL ABOUT. My children are THE BEST and now it it time for me to go forward with how I want to spend the days ahead. ONE DAY AT A TIME SWEET JESUS...THAT'S ALL I'M ASKING OF YOU...LORD GIVE ME THE STRENGH TO LIVE EVERY DAY( as you want me to ) I want to keep on and on cherishing Every day! and as the poem says YESTERDAY IS GONE. and if we wake up the next day...GOD IS GIVING US ANOTHER CHANCE to MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun)