It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 2, Book 13



Two of my grandsons enjoying some ice cream!


It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.

Laura Ingalls Wilder


Specially blended for sweetness...

I love sweet tea and that is my preferred summertime drink.  Just thinking about something sweet tends to make me SMILE.

There is so much sweetness in the world, that I wonder why anyone takes the time to look on the sour side of things.

The sweetest things in life are free

a baby's smile

sunshine peeping through the clouds

my children's laughter

a flower blooming

a bird singing

a shady spot on a hot day

my wonderful friends

a hug

a kind word

a prayer given by someone that cares

returning home after a trip 

a warm summers night

a clean kitchen sink

reading a good book


These are just a few of the  sweet little things in my life... Oh yes, the sweet little things that makes it all worth while.  The sweetest things in life are not those you can taste, but those that you can actually feel. Things that touch your heart

When things can get sour pretty easily, it's best to enjoy life's sweet moments while you can.


It is sweet to let the mind unbend on occasion.  

Horace

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

A glass of tea or lemonade, ice melting and a good book all make my day. Love what makes yours. Your grandsons are handsome fellas.

linda m said...

Love your "sweet" things Blessings

Hollie said...

Those precious babies eating their ice cream warmed my heart for sure!!

Wonderful list of sweet things I must agree!!! I hope you are having a wonderful day as well!!!

Barb said...

The photo is precious. Seeing it reminded me that I'm out of ice cream. The temps are still going to be triple digits for the next three days so I need some. lol
I enjoyed reading your sweet thing list. Life is full of them. Have an awesome day, Ma. Stay cool.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Ah yes, so many sweet things in life. Your two little grandsons are adorable! :)

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with you Pam - it is not the expensive things in life that are so wonderful - it is the little things - the memories. Sandie