It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 19, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 19, Book 13



When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought
that they could always be worse.  And when they are, we find hope
in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.

Malcolm S. Forbes

Specially blended for comfort…

When I read the quote above, I thought -- How true!

I've bemoaned the heat wave we are experiencing, but have considered how much worse it would be if I didn't have air conditioning.  And there have been times in my life when I've felt that things were so bad, they had to get better too.  Sometimes when I thought I was at the end of my rope, I also found out that the rope was a little longer than I thought it was.  

I've learned to hang on no matter what because things will eventually change. Changes can come when we least expect them and sometimes they come long after we've expected them too.  Life goes on, life has many chapters, many beginnings and many endings. But nothing is over until it's over. All of the sudden we come to realize that we lived through it and life is still going on.  The end of the rope is just that, it's the end of the rope but it's not the end of the line. 

I know I'll live through this heat wave.  I know it's not going to last forever.  In fact, eventually it's going to get so cold here that I'll be longing for a heat wave. 

It's also been said that when you come to end of your rope, why not get a new rope? A new rope will be more trustworthy than the old one we've been hanging onto anyway.  Maybe I need to redefine my expectations of summertime.  

I've heard too that if you've come to the end of your rope, you should start climbing..  We often need to re-evaluate the situation.  Bad things happen to all of us but we don't have to let it control our lives.

The weather isn't going to control mine for sure.  Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day!



There is no danger of eyestrain from
looking on the bright side of things.

anonymous

5 comments:

jack69 said...

For some reason you do hit the nail on the head at the right time.
THANKS...
I read a comment about the heat wave where the man said, "If I remember correctly, it is always hot in JUly!"
((HUGS))

Rose said...

When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought
that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope
in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.

Malcolm S. Forbes

HOW TRUE THAT IS.

I'm so grateful for my air conditioner. I do remember the days when I was young and didn't have a/c.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Here in Florida summer is usually one big long heat wave but it's been pretty mild this year compared to usual. Stay inside and stay cool!
Have a wonderful weekend :)

Chatty Crone said...

Along those lines - when I see someone in a worse situation then me - I am so grateful for being me. Things could always get worse. I am thankful for my a/c too! sandie

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE that very last quote. Puts it all in perspective.