It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 18, Book 13




Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.  

Russel Baker


Specially blended to keep cool...

How does anyone beat the heat these days? With temperatures soaring keeping cool can be quite a challenge. They say that the fun of staying cool in the summer heat comes from finding creative ways to do it.  I've run out of ideas.

Here at my house, I've found that if I move around I get hotter, so my days have been spent inside reading a lot. 

I drink cooling drinks, eat lots of fruit cold from the fridge and have salads more than soup these days.  Being lazy has become a way of life here.  I've decided to just enjoy it and not fight it.

Hopefully you all are finding ways to keep cool where you are.   

Happy lazy days to you!

6 comments:

linda m said...

Staying mostly indoors has been my way of keeping cool. However, the lack of activity is playing havoc with the waistline. Blessings

Sr. Ann Marie said...

The heat here as been awful also. Fortunately our offices are airconditioned which is a great blessing!

JeanJournal said...

All OUR SUMMER DAYS ARE PERFECT because of AIR CONDITION ~ and as a younger person... there was NO AIR CONDITION AND YET...WE SURVIVED!!!! I enjoy ALL SEASONS and am remembering the hot days of going swimming...making ice cream...getting WET WITH A HOSE & A LOT OF OTHER WAYS ALSO TO BEAT THE HEAT! ~ I try to make every day WONDERFUL and am happy that I AM STILL >>>HERE:)...Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

jack69 said...

I like the shade when possible with a cool drink. The most relaxing is th A/C, but you know how noisy the RV A/C's are.
BUT Life is good! (HUGS)

Chatty Crone said...

When I was younger we did not have a/c - now I can't survive without one. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Lying or sitting still and drinking lots of iced beverages.