It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 12, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 12, Book 13



Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite.  Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance.  Everyone is just waiting. 

Dr. Seuss

Specially blended for sitting on the dock…


If you want your ship to come in, you must build a dock.

The idiom: I'm waiting for my ship to come in, is often used to describe a situation where one is wistfully hoping for good fortune or inspiration to strike and solve all their problems.  However, good fortune rarely arrives unless you put yourself in the right position to receive it.

Hope my ship comes in before the dock rots

To some extent we are all waiting for the right time to do something. I don't care how successful you may be. I think if we just sit on the dock waiting, that the ship may never come.  If you want things to be different in your life in the future, that change needs to start today, not someday.
 
If your ship refuses to come in, you are going to have to row out to it

3 comments:

jack69 said...

I do ot believe in waiting for LUCK to happen, I tried it a couple times, it just does not work.
The last line says it all. Good post.
Love to you from Vegas!

TARYTERRE said...

I've been waiting my whole life. Guess I need to row out towards it.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

I agree!! I'm busy as we speak building not only a dock but a ship to set sail in too :)