It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 10, Book 13




What kind of day shall I choose today?

What kind of day shall I choose today? Today I can complain about my health, Or I can celebrate being alive.

Today I can moan that it is raining, Or be joyful at all that grows from the rain.

Today I can regret all I don't have, Or rejoice in everything I do.

Today I can mourn everything I have lost, Or eagerly anticipate what's to come.

Today I can complain that I have to work, Or celebrate having a job to go to.

Today I can resent the mess the kids make, Or give thanks that I have a family.

Today I can whine about the housework, Or celebrate having a home.

Today I can cry over the people who don't care for me, Or be happy loving and being loved by those who do.

 I choose to have a good day today !!!

Author unknown


Specially blended for making choices.

Don't I wish there was a brew that would provide a way for me to always make good choices.  Sipping on my tall glass of iced tea out on the front porch is my way to relax and feel a little cooler on hot days, but does that make me choose wisely?  An elixir for body, mind & spirit!

Surprisingly I found out that a nice, tall glass of iced tea out on the porch does do more than just help you beat the heat on a sweltering day.  Did you know that relaxation is perhaps the single most important key to health and well being. It is the antidote to stress which is known to contribute to the development of disease. When we relax, our body has an opportunity to unwind  And as a result of relaxation many people experience better problem solving abilities.

 Believe it or not, many people take for granted the need for a time to relax or take a break from work, and it’s sad to note that when you are tired or lacking sleep it is evident in your behavior.   We often fail to acknowledge the ways that relaxation can increase our stamina, clear our thoughts, and allow us to get much more accomplished with less effort.  It calms our thoughts and improves focus.

Sounds like a good choice to me!  

6 comments:

linda m said...

I love the poem! Blessings

jack69 said...

Love the tea on the porch idea for solving problems, but today we will head for Las Vegas to see our first cousin there. But they are predicting 106 there today. OUCH. But it is supposed to drop to the 90's after...
Love from Arizona.

Hollie said...

Great enjoy!! I enjoy tea or coffee on the porch!! I hope you don't mind but I'd like to share the poem!! I loved it!! Thanks for sharing it!!

TARYTERRE said...

RELAXATION skills are sorely missing from our mindset these days, to be sure.

Rose said...

I try to meditate and sometimes my mind wanders off and I have to refocus.

Relaxation is great......the ice tea is a plus.

Chatty Crone said...

I love the poem and I wish that other people would read it and take it to heart like I do. Sandie