It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, July 01, 2013

Chapter 7, Page 1, Book 13




Specially blended to refresh…


Have your New Year's resolutions faltered? Don't wait another six months

As mid-summer approaches, we don’t generally think twice about those ambitious New Year’s resolutions made in the hopeful beginnings of 2013. Back then everything seemed possible, didn’t it?

Just as I can keep the colors in my flower garden growing all season by planting varieties that bloom at different times, I think we can keep our enthusiasm blooming when we renew some of those resolutions at different times too..

By revisiting our resolutions at the midyear point and taking even small steps to renew them can boost our outlook and determination, making them achievable before the year is over.

It is very hard for me to realize that half of this year is gone.  It's time that we'll never see again.  I'm refreshing my commitment to living life fuller.  I don't want to waste a moment of the time I have. 

Whatever your New Year’s resolutions, removing them from the back of the closet or dust bins of your mind can renew and energize you.

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I never make resolutions. But you have an interesting thought here about revisiting them.

Scrappy quilter said...

I never make resolutions either. I set short and long term goals and work towards those. Some I achieve and some I don't. For me, that's okay. Every month I check to see how I'm doing. Hugs

linda m said...

I don't make resolutions as I generally end up breaking them. Yes, it 's hard to believe the year is half over. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

It;s unanimous - I don't make resolutions either! lol.

Chatty Crone said...

It;s unanimous - I don't make resolutions either! lol.

Jean said...

It seems as we get older the time passes faster. I don't make resolution either, I do try to enjoy each day one day at a time. I'm doing well now, but this time last year I was down with a broke hip. Although it's been a year both my feet still feels numb, I’m wondering now if they’ll ever be the same again. The doctor that gives me the epidural shots said the numbness was from my back problem not my hip. Take care, Jean

jack69 said...

I think I make resolutions, but I for get what I made.

But it is easy to see the point for folks who seriously make them. to revisit the feelings of when they were made.
((HUGS)) Thank goodness we are still over cast here and do not have the heat they predicted down in this part of the west.