It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 08, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 8, Book 13




Specially blended for making memories…


There are no days in life so memorable as those which vibrate to some stroke of the imagination. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson



Making porch memories like playing games, sitting on a porch swing, or just passing time with friends on a hot summer evening are times not forgotten.

I'm trying to make those memories of my days spent on the porch more memorable.  I love my porch flags and the American flag is my flag of choice.  Since they make so many different porch flags now a days, I decided to look for ones that have the American flag represented in some way.  

Flowers are another thing that we can used to decorate our porches.  Right now I've a basket mixed with ivy and red petunias, but later on in the fall I'll have some mum's in my pumpkin smily face planter sitting out there.  

During the winter, when very little porch sitting is done, I get out my Snowman and sit him on the porch.

The porch is a place I like to sit and watch the people walk their dog, jog. or the kids ride their bike, but it is also the first thing people see when they come to my house so I like to make it memorable.

We’ve all experienced moments where we remember exactly where we were—who we were with and what we were doing.

These are the memorable and meaningful moments of our life.Taking time to make life memorable may not always be easy, but those little touches go a long way.  I believe that each day is special and something to celebrate.  

Other than a couple of pleasant afternoons out on the sunny patio, there hasn't been much porch sitting done here at my house this week.  It's been cool and rainy.  This weekend promises to be much better with temps in the 70's.  Just maybe I'll get back out on the porch!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.




We do not remember days; we remember moments. 

Cesare Pavese

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Rainy and miserable here too. Hope the porch sitting resumes soon for us both.

Chatty Crone said...

Your porch sounds like a lovely place where you spend a lot of time making good memories. sandie

jack69 said...

What a wonderful time of the year, I love how you talk about it as if it were a song. (SWEET) Oh and we too, are getting to sit out and enjoy our 'backporch' swing.
(smile)

Scrappy quilter said...

It is really hot here today, no sitting outside. I love when I can though.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Rainy here too today, but it was my cleaning and laundry day so didn't matter much. I love seeing a beautiful front porch, and if I ever buy another home I hope to find one with a front porch I can use and decorate with the seasons.