It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 6, Book 13




Top 10 reasons I love summer

10. Fireflies! Also known to some as lightning bugs

9. The hummingbirds return.

8. Birds join in the morning chorus.

7. In the cool morning or late evening light

6. Picking herbs,  or fresh anything.

5. Playing in the water.

4. Going barefoot, bare-legged, bare-armed.

3. Long, long days.

2. The joy of porch sitting.

And the number 1 reason I love summer:

1. Sleeping on my porch. There is nothing quite as refreshing as an afternoon nap on the porch. Ha!





Specailly blended for being thankful

The warmer days here fill me with joy and when I'm joyful, I just can't help being thankful.  Counting my blessings is always one of my favorite things to do.  I try always to be grateful for what I have and try to take the good with the bad and be thankful for it all.

I believe we should have a careful attitude about how we live, not a casual or a careless one. We need to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we think about.

We can choose to worry, or we can reject worry and choose to live with joy and peace. Most people don’t want to hear that message, and they seem to find an odd comfort in thinking that worrying is beyond their control. It is not. It is a choice that is ours to make.

God is sufficiently able to take care of us and provide for our needs.

Faith says: God can do it.
 Worry says, God isn’t able to help me.

Whenever I've been tempted to think about the things that I don't have or what is not happening in my life right now, I count my blessings.  Being thankful makes you appreciate the things you do have rather than to whine about what you don't have.

5 comments:

linda m said...

I am right there with you on the top 10 reasons to love summer. My favorite is sitting on the porch. Your other statement about worrying is very true. We should not worry so much but trust that God will take care of us. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE fireflies and porch sitting too. ENJOY!

Scrappy quilter said...

I like summer too, however my favorite season has got to be winter. You are so right about counting our blessings. Have a super day. Hugs

Chatty Crone said...

I love those reasons for summer! And my first is the water - I just love water. Sandie♥

jack69 said...

Ahhhhh Summer, we learn to love it as a child. A time of no school, and a lot of playing!
Rainy/sunny/rainy here. BUT NICE!