It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 4, Book 13



Be A Kid Again


Try the following:

 Give yourself a gold star for everything you do today. 

Grow a milk mustache. 

Open a pack of cupcakes and give one to a friend even though you wanted both of them for yourself.
 Have a staring contest with your cat. 

Kiss a frog just in case. 

Make a face the next time somebody tells you no. 

Ask Why? a lot. 

Believe in fairy tales. 

 Have someone read you a story. 

Wear your favorite shirt with your favorite pants even if they don't match.

Do a cartwheel. 

Hide your vegetables under your napkin. 

Make a slurpy sound with your straw when you get to the bottom of a milkshake. 

 Sit really still for as long as the dog (or cat) is asleep in your lap. 

Find some pretty stones and save them. 

Stick your head out the car window and moo if you see a cow. 

Walk barefoot in wet grass. 

 Giggle at nude statues in a museum. 

 Make cool screeching noises every time you turn. 

 Count the colors in a rainbow. 

Fuss a little, then take a nap. 

Take a running jump over a big puddle. 

Giggle a lot for no real reason. 

Do that tap someone on the shoulder while you stand on their opposite side and they turn around and no one's there thing. 

Enjoy your all-time favorite candy-bar. (Forget you've heard of calories!) 

Throw something and when it lands make a cool exploding bomb noise. 

Squish some mud between your toes. 

 Buy yourself a helium balloon. 

Put an orange slice in your mouth, peel side out, and smile at people

Be a kid again...

Author Unknown 



If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. 

Nadine Stair


Specially blended for going barefoot...

You can’t hear the creak of a porch swing on Facebook or smell the lilacs blooming on Twitter. Maybe that’s why, even in this ultraconnected era, almost everybody still wishes for a front porch.  I'm blessed that every day I can get up thinking about having that first cup of coffee on the porch if I want to.

My days of doing cartwheels are long over.  I never really could master the ability to do one even when I was young.  But it is good for all of us to remember what it was like when we were young and the silly things we did just for fun.

It really does feel good on a hot summer day and slip off your shoes to go barefoot.  When I'm working in the yard or taking a walk, I prefer good comfortable shoes, but when I'm on the porch, I slip off my shoes and wiggle my toes.

I do love to wiggle my toes in the sand on a sunny beach too, but since that is not a possibility at the moment, I'll be barefoot on the porch today.

That is what summer is, to me. Long bare foot mornings on the front porch, and being thankful for things I never knew I wanted.

Barefoot, we're almost always at peace. We're gentle and tolerant with our fellow man. Stress and anxiety evaporate and grief itself seems bearable as long as our feet are free …

Barbara Holland

5 comments:

linda m said...

I would love to be a kid again. No aches and pains associated with old age back then. A front porch is my biggest "I wish I had". There was something to be said for a front porch - people were more connected with each other then. Blessings

jack69 said...

Aw, this one brought a lot of smiles. The milk mustache, ha!

And I just oiled our swing yesterday so it would not 'squeak'or creak. ha!
(HUGS) Great entry!

Chatty Crone said...

I do have a kids heart Pam. Once last year I talked all of us to go out and play in the rain barefoot. It was fun. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Every time I act like a kid at heart, my husband and daughters think something is wrong with me. I always get in a staring contest with my kitties.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love going barefoot. I'm one that would love to never have to wear shoes. Alas, with our winters here I don't ahve a choice.