It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 30, Book 13









Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. 

Voltaire


Specially blended to beat the heat...

As most of us are sweltering in the summer heat I thought I'd share a few thoughts about snow today.  I don't like snow as I'm the one who has to shovel it in the winter time but snowflakes are beautiful.  Individual snowflakes are fragile, and they quickly melt if they land on your hand. Yet, when put together they create a force to be reckoned with. They can shut down major cities while creating beautiful landscapes of snow laden trees whose pictures decorate calendars and become the subject of artwork. They provide pleasure on the ski slopes and joy for children as they make snowmen and ammunition for snowball fights. All because they stick together.

By sticking together we can all get more done.  I know that without the help and support of my family and friends, I would be able to do half what I do.  Just like snowflakes, the people in our lives are fragile too and must be handled with care.  They might not melt like a snowflake, but they can disappear before we know it.  

Showing our appreciation for those that mean a lot to us is something that needs to be done often.  We should never miss a chance to tell those we love just how much they mean to us.  Giving a little encouragement to one who's having a tough time is always appreciated too.  

Although thinking about snow does make me feel cooler, it also makes remember just how much I really do appreciate summer.  Even though it's hot out, the highways are clear and free of ice and I don't have to wear those layers and layers of clothing in order to keep warm. 

Just like snowflakes , we can all stick together.  Togetherness is one thing I appreciate no matter what the weather.

It's sunny here but I'm keeping cool.  Hope you all are too!


We can accomplish more together than we can alone.



9 comments:

Rose said...

I love and miss snow.

Living in constant heat 12 months a year gets unbearable.

I miss New England!

TARYTERRE said...

A LOVELY post.

Barb said...

I love the snow too, just not driving in it. This is such a wonderful post, Ma; one of your best I think. Great food for thought here.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

I feel a little cooler just reading this. I've lived in Florida my whole life and only visited places in the snow a few times. I never had to deal with the shoveling or driving on those icy roads, and I don't have the desire to ever give it a try! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday :)

jack69 said...

Yes, we had a week of heat in San Antonio, but the last day it rained and cooled off. We arrived in Del Rio and the prediction was 104, but rain here also and the temp was 87. How pleasant.
We Southerners love snow, because when it comes it is ALWAYS gone in two -three days. So we get to enjoy the beauty, the mess and it is gone.
((HUGS)) Good entry for the heat

Scrappy quilter said...

I love snow. Winter is my favorite time of the year. We are hot here too, staying inside where it's air conditioned. Hugs

Scrappy quilter said...

I love snow. Winter is my favorite time of the year. We are hot here too, staying inside where it's air conditioned. Hugs

Carol Z said...

Love, love seeing the snow. It's gotten hot and humid here and I feel cooler just looking at your blog. Wishes for a sweet -- and cool! -- week.

Chatty Crone said...

I like to see snow and see heat - don't like either one of them for my favorite time of year.