It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 03, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 3, Book 13



It is sweet to let the mind unbend on occasion.  

Horace

Specially blended for unwinding...

I have a couple of quilts I purchased years ago and I like to use them on the front porch.  Things tend to get a little dusty out there from the traffic on the street and it's very simple and easy to put them in the wash every week or so and freshen them up. I put one on the porch swing and one on the glider.

Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

I'm not a quilter myself, but I do love them.  There is nothing that says comfort than a quilt.  So my quilts on the porch really do double duty.  Sitting on my porch is a big part of my life during the summertime.  The pieces of my quilts remind me to unwind, and relax

We can get all caught up in how we should spend our time and forget to do the things that are enjoyable and relaxing to us.  Sometimes just sitting on a porch after a rainstorm, with the clean smell of damp earth and the occasional drip of water from a tree branch, can bring us to that place of quiet and contemplation.

Last week we had some very hot days for us here in northern Ohio, but today we are much cooler.  If the sun makes it out, I'll  probably spend my time on the back patio where it is warmer and sunnier.  It's a blessing to have a choice.  

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love. 

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Most of us need that 'unwinding'.

LOL

Barb said...

We really do need to unwind. I'm like you, love sitting on the porch. I don't have a porch swing now(well it would have to go on the patio), but hopefully will get one this summer. Porch swings are like rocking chairs;soon as you're settled down into one the entire world looks different. I'm not a quilter either but do enjoy them. Like plants and flowers quilts warm up a room. Hugs, Ma. Have an awesome day.

TARYTERRE said...

ENJOY the porch and the chance to unwind.

Scrappy quilter said...

Oooh I love this one. Being a quilter, it spoke to my heart and brought a smile to my face. Hugs