It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 25, Book 13



Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.  
Winston Churchill

Specially blended for a healthier you...


Making healthy choices isn't all about the food you eat or the exercise you get.
Optimistic people do have it good; they’re less susceptible to ill health and better able to fight off ailments if they strike.
Given that stress and unhappiness can have a negative impact on your health, it stands to reason that happiness resulting from an optimistic attitude stands you in good stead.
I read somewhere that people can only hold one thought at a time. If that’s true, then we all  have a choice:

Focus on a thought that makes you feel bad or to focus on a thought that makes you feel good.  Our thoughts have great power to influence the way we are. Make sure you get that power working for you, not against you.

I cannot be the resourceful, joyful person I was created to be if I am burdened with self-condemnation or if I see myself as a victim of the actions of others. By making a choice to free my heart and mind of ill feelings and resentment, I'm choosing to lead a healthier life.

The final verse in the 32nd Psalm says, Be glad in the Lord and rejoice!  Look for the JOY all around you and focus on those positive thoughts.  Positive thoughts not only benefit us but those around us too.

We can all chose to be healthier, if we want to.  


The only disability in life is a bad attitude.  

Scott Hamilton

4 comments:

linda m said...

Positive thoughts are so much better than negative thoughts. That is why I always keep a gratitude journal . Blessings

jack69 said...

I have never heard that by Scott hamilton, but I believe it is true!
(HUGS) Hot in Texas....

TARYTERRE said...

I agree.

Chatty Crone said...

I think what you say is true. Do you think that attitude is something you can work at or born with? sandie