It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 24, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 24, Book 13



If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.  

Eleonora Duse

Specially blended for rejoicing!

If we are rejoicing, are we not feeling joy again ?   If we repeat ourselves, we are saying the same thing over again so I think rejoicing is to feel JOY again.  Joy comes my way each new morning.  What a JOY it is to start another new day.  

It wasn't always like this for me, but after a lot of days of drudgery and sorrow, I made up my mind I didn't want to live that way.  I started rejoicing in every moment of every day and what a difference it has made in my life.

Now I rejoice in the sunrises and the sunsets.  There is joy everywhere in nature, in the people we know, and in the countless little little things that make up our days.

You have to look for it some times,  it doesn't always make itself known.  But there are lots and lots of causes to rejoice.

Hope you all can join me in a good cup of coffee today or maybe a glass of iced tea and give a toast to today!  It's going to be filled with some good and maybe some bad, but I'll be looking for those reasons to rejoice!  

 It's just as cheap and easy to rejoice; When God sorts out the weather and sends rain - Why, rain's my choice. 

James Whitcomb Riley

6 comments:

linda m said...

Rejoice for God is great!

Chatty Crone said...

Yesterday I met a poor woman - long story - but when it over - I thanked God for having my own life and that made me feel good - joy. I am blessed. Sandie

jack69 said...

WE had the JOY of helping a poor guy start his car in a big parking lot, after entering Texas..

I like James Whitcomb Riley, that quote is good, and good advice.

TARYTERRE said...

Iced Tea is my drink of choice in the summer, with an ocassional lemonade. I'll be sure to give a toast.

JeanJournal said...

I had the JOY of "walking' without a walker again today ~ PRAISE GOD!~~~Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi "MA" - it's my first time here at your blog place. Hopped over here from Barb's. Well, I'm so glad I did. What a cheer-filled post this is. Just stopped by to get to know you.

Blessings from the Philippines

Lidia