It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 22, Book 13



Keep Going

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When cares are pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns.
And many a fellow turns about,
When he might have won, had he stuck it out.
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

Author Unknown

Specially blended for motivation...

I don't fly often, so I am not familiar with the modern people-mover contraptions at the airport. You step onto the large human-conveyor belt and it carries you across the airport. Without warning, the machine can stop. People will stand there waiting to start moving again until they finally realize what has happened and finally then they start walking.   We get so used to being carried along that idea doesn't occur to us to move forward. 

Sadly there are many times we do not move forward in life.  We get stuck.  We don't move forward.  Just like when we worry, it's easy to feel sorry for ourselves but it doesn't really get us anywhere.  

Sometimes we need something to jolt us back into action.  I've had a few of the jolts in my life.  Certain people and things that will stir my soul and make me realize that I've been at a stand still and need to get on with life.  

With the sunny days of summer on hand we are reminded to do something good and worthwhile in our lives and the best time to start moving forward is not next month or next week or tomorrow, but today.

It is easy to sit up and take notice, What is difficult is getting up and taking action

Al Batt

2 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

That poem has been by my side for many years and I've shared it with many a friend. I was happy to see it this morning.

JeanJournal said...

I LOVE THE POEM ALSO, MA ( one of my favourites ) & YOU are such an inspiration )~ AH my friend ~ YOU make me want to do a better job on my 2 blogs. ~ Jean(Rome Ga girl living in Calhoun