It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, June 21, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 21, Book 13





The days of wine and roses laugh and run away like a child at play…

Henri Mancini

Specially blended like fine wine...

Today is the first day of Summer and hopefully long days mean long days of sunshine! Just like the long days of summer I've been around a long time. Getting older is something we're not too comfortable with. Yet it's something we all have to face. I've been through life's many experiences and have seen much and am well aware of how precious life is.

I am so thankful for the gift of each new day. There is truly no better gift than the ones we'll get today. Today is not going to ever come again.  It's unique and one of a kind.  Just like all of us!

I don't know many people that are older than I am anymore.  I have a few aunts and uncles that are older, but for the most part I'm the oldest in my immediate family.  I've lost a few loved ones and know how suddenly life changes.

Fine wines, they say, are better when aged.  I'm hoping that I too only get better.  Aging can help us mellow and develop our tastes for appreciating life.

Times does have a way of smoothing out all the rough spots.

Enjoy summer and the beauty of the season all around us.  

5 comments:

Rose said...

Yes, aging affects us all. Being in good health helps us along the way.

I forget what the seasons are like because of living in Florida. I'm seriously looking into moving back to my roots in Massachusetts. I do miss the seasons but most importantly, I miss my family.

The older I get, the more I need to be near family.

TARYTERRE said...

I'd like to think we really do get better with age. I love that line, "Times does have a way of smoothing out all the rough spots."


jack69 said...

Aging is a tough row sometimes, but for the most part. I am happy so far. I do not think of the lower end possibilities!
Life is good no matter what the age.
((HUGS))
From Texas...

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Happy Summer Ma! Aging can definitely be difficult. I'm always a bit shocked when I look in the mirror - I guess in my mind I'm still a much younger version. Have a beautiful weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Summer. I can't say I like the heat though. lol. sandie