It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 20, Book 13



No I don't live anywhere near the desert, but this lovely cactus is blooming in my backyard.


Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.

Brian Tracy

Specially blended for balance…


Learn to pause ... or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you.

Doug King

If I am hurrying and worrying about completing everything on my to do list, the best thing I can do for myself is to SLOW DOWN

Working at a slower pace calms me and bring my focus back into the center of things.  To live in the moment. Every time I lose the balance in my life, things tend to get way out of hand.  Maybe I'm like the proverbial ship without a captain.

Yesterday, I had errands to run and a few things at home that needed attention too.  I had to get gas in the car, stamps at the post office and groceries among other things.  Thankfully everything but the grocery store, was not far from the other.  I got it all done and today I'll probably catch up on the laundry here at my house.  One thing is for sure, I do take breaks along the way but will get it done by the end of the day.  That's a good feeling.

Taking a pause from all that is calling for my attention and breathe more deeply, I refuel my energy and replenish my soul.  If I'm going to be able to fulfill my obligations with any sense of efficiency or enthusiasm, I've got to keep my balance.

There is really no need to rush through life.  I always think about how the car that zipped by me down the highway always seems to end up at the same stop light that I do.  Some people don't know how to slow down and live their whole lives rushing around.  

I think when we're always in a rush, we miss out on so much in life.  I like to be able to enjoy as much of it as I can and that is why I think SLOWING down is so important.  


The full use of today is the best preparation for tomorrow

5 comments:

peggy said...

I know I am way too busy so I need advice about slowing down. I love the cactus.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh I am with Peggy - I need to get in balance! sandie

jack69 said...

Yes, there is a 'pause' that refreshes!!
((HUGS)) from New Orleans

TARYTERRE said...

I need to get in balance too.

Rose said...

Yes, everyone needs to slow down. Multi tasking used to look good on a resume but many mistakes were always made trying to do too much all at once.

Slow down, do things right the first time, it doesn't cost that much more time.