It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 18, Book 13




Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.  

John Lubbock


Specially blended for time just to be me...


Me time allows us to de-stress, unwind and rejuvenate.  Taking time for yourself allows you to renew, heal, and create reserves of energy and peace.

After a very busy weekend, I'm just taking time out to be me today.  I lead a pretty quiet life most of the time and when some of my family comes in for a long weekend, I find myself busy doing things I haven't done for years.  I got up early and went to bed very late for 3 days in a row.  Not my style at all.  I do love my kids more than I can possibly describe, but when you are not used to the busyness of having to do all the extras that come with having company in the house, it gets a little overwhelming.  

The old saying that if you don't use it, you loose it, is so very true.

So today I'm taking time to just be.  I have no plans, I'm not doing much of anything.  It feels good just to be me today and I'm not going to even try to do much else.  It may sound a bit selfish, but for me it'll be worth it to rest a little now so I can do what I need to do tomorrow.

Sometimes in the scheme of things, even when you are retired, it's good to have a day off.

3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

A day off is right up my alley. ENJOY yours. UNWIND and relax.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with Tary - everyone needs a day off to relax! sandie

jack69 said...

I am a laughing, because with the boys here we have cooked supper and also fixed a complete breakfast, something we seldom do on a trip is Big breakfast,

Enjoyed the visit.
((HUGS))