It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, June 17, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 17, Book 13



Specially blended for time just to be happy

How many times do we say to ourselves,  I’ll be happy once summer comes, or I’ll be happy once I finish this big project. We have a thousand reasons for why we are unhappy, and many of them are simply that we're waiting for some source of pain to leave us.

The time to be happy is always right now, whatever we are doing or wherever we might be going.  We don't have to wait to be happy. I know it took me a long time to learn this lesson, but finally, I think I've got it right.  Today and everyday we can be happy.  It is our choice.  Happiness comes in many forms.  It's a feeling that makes us glow and makes us thankful too!

I often relate happiness to feeling content.  Contentment in what I have and in what I am.  It's a choice all of us can make.  We need to remember what is most important to us and let go of the impossible and scary things in life and let God handle those things trying to steal our happiness away.

Let go and let God is one of my favorite sayings.  He can do a much better job of handling things than I can.

I hope you'll join me and take some time each day just to be happy!  Everyday may not be good, but there is something good in every day!

5 comments:

Bobbi and Gracie said...

Amen to that!

linda m said...

Amen to that. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

you're absolutely right.

Chatty Crone said...

You know Pam - I was guilty about that for so long - I think it is just recently that I have come to accept where I am. sandie

jack69 said...

Amen and Amen!

Always a good read MA!. Running late and living in Alabama for the night.

((HUGS))