It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 15, Book 13




So much of what we
Know of love we 
Learn at home

Anonymous


Specially blended for spending time in the slow lane…

I recently spent an afternoon talking with my daughter and one of my daughter-in-laws.  They were talking about their babies and how we spend a year waiting for them to walk and talk and then spend the rest of our lives telling them to be quiet and sit down.

That first year of life so many new things happen for those babies that when we look back at it time surly does fly.The best advice I ever heard was that the best thing a parent can do is to spend time with there children.  Your presence is worth all the presents in the world.  

Now I find myself sitting here on the porch swing trying to figure out just how it is possible that my children are now raising their own children.  From my view point here on the porch I can see God in action everywhere.  He's in every sunrise, in the face of a child, in my life’s daily tasks.  

Whether you are a young person or a grand'ma' like me, I hope you'll spend some time in the slow lane enjoying all the wonderful things this day brings.

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Great line to parents:
Their presents are worth more than all Presents.
Gonna be hot here today! ((HUGS))

Chatty Crone said...

Not my favorite topic because of my past - but just wanted to say hello! sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Like your comment about living in the slow lane.