It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 13, Book 13




Friends in your life are like pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up and sometimes they lean on you. Sometimes it's just enough to know they're standing by.

Elizabeth Foley

Specially blended for friends...

 It's true. The difficulties of life are easier to manage with friends.  Friends are like to pillars of your porch to lean on.  People need people and friends need friends.  And we all need love for a full life depends not on vast riches or great acclaim, not on success or on worldly fame, but just in knowing that someone cares.

Well, I must tell you that I have some backyard friends that I treasure.  We have a great variety of birds that always bring me joy. and happy little butterflies that go from flower to flower.   Then there is squirrel who lives next door and scampers back and forth the electric line everyday in search of food.  And very soon now the lightening bugs,  will return and they light will up my evenings reminding me that I too need to let my light shine.

Living by myself, these outdoor friends are often with me when no one else is around and I'm thankful for the treasures they are.  The picture today is not one of mine, but I do have an old milk can similar to this one and I'm hoping to get it painted this summer.  I want to sit it on the patio or porch.  Haven't made up my mind yet.  It has sat out in the garage for a long time now waiting for me to do something with it and I only recently discovered what it is that I want to do .  

Sometimes inspiration hits us, bang in the face and when it does it makes us want to get the job done.  Now there are many other things need to be done around here too.  Hopefully I'll be so inspired.  
  

5 comments:

linda m said...

Since I retired most of my friends are my backyard friends. And of course all my "internet" friends that I have made since I started reading blogs. I thank God every day for my friends.

jack69 said...

You are right about the inspiration. Sometimes I have to 'prime' the pump!
Always a good read, THANKS!

Hollie said...

I love all my outdoor friends!! I have an old milk can too!! I just wish I had the gift of painting like you as I'd paint mine too!!

Thank you for your sweet comments and devotional you shared on my blog!! You will never know how much it meant to me!!

TARYTERRE said...

I love the Elizabeth Foley quote. My friends in Pgh gave me a wall hanging with that on it when I moved.

Chatty Crone said...

Again you are so smart - our hubs are wonderful - but friends are so critically important. sandie