It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 12, Book 13




The honeysuckle is blooming !


The 5 Finger Prayer Guide:

(1) Your thumb is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember.

(2) The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, nurses, counsellors, church pastors and others in the caring profession. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.

(3) Next is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for our president, leaders in government, business and industry. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's guidance.

(4)The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need our prayers day and night.

(5) Lastly is our little finger, the smallest finger of all. Here we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. Your little finger should remind you to pray for yourself. You yourself know best your own needs and concerns.


Honeysuckle stands for the bond of love, devoted love and fidelity


Specially blended for quiet time…

My porch is my place of respite.  If I need a break from life I go there.  If my soul needs quiet time with God, I go there.  If I am in the mood to spy on my neighbors or the people walking by, I go there.  It is my favorite room in the house even though it isn't even in the house!  

Right now the fragrance on the porch has definitely stepped up a notch as my honeysuckle vines are blooming.  I like to think that our prayers too are a sweet fragrance going up to God and filling both earth and Heaven with a delightful odor

 A quiet moment in a rocking chair or on the porch swing can just melt the stress away.  It is hard to explain, but the power of those quiet places with gentle breezes can do wonders to relax the body and soothe.  This special place is where life slows down just a little.  Whether for a few minutes or a few hours,

Sometimes we just need to stop and spend a little time thinking about what’s really valuable. I know I’m truly blessed. I also know I don’t think about it enough. It’s easy to get wrapped up in all the things in our lives and ignore all the little blessings that make life truly worth living.

As the lazy days of summer approach, it is time to recognize the sport of rocking. The none too vigorous activity that takes place on the front porches  from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Said rocking is carried out in straight-back wooden rockers, deep-seated wicker rockers, and perhaps the occasional swinging glider in a slow and easy motion, with time out for the occasional pause to sip lemonade. There have been days lately that rocking is about the only exercise I get.

 Life is what you make it. Take time to enjoy it!

4 comments:

linda m said...

Love the 5 Finger Prayer Guide and the rocker on the front porch. My dream is to some day have a front porch with a rocker on it. Years ago I went to DollyWood and there is a place inside with rows and rows of rockers. If you sit there on the rocker you become a member of the porch rockers club. I sat there and so I'm a member. Haha.

jack69 said...

Honey suckle, to me the most pleasant of fragrances. Next to the Orange blossom of course. Both permeate an area they are in. with the pleasant scent of God.

Linda :) said...

I'm loving all the porch sharing, here and on Facebook... Happy Rocking... :)

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE the smell of honeysuckle.