It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Chapter 6, Page 11, Book 13




When I look back now over my life and call to mind what I might have had simply for taking and did not take, my heart is like to break.  

William Hale White


Specially blended for opportunities…


If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.  

Milton Berle

The value of a porch is often understated.  The front porch is essentially the bridge from the outer world to the interior of your home. It provides that first important impression about the house itself to family and friends,

The porch provides plenty of opportunities for enjoying life outdoors - entertaining, relaxing, and extra space for container plants.   Covered porches are wonderful for the shade and protection from rain they provide. 

I'm thankful every day for the opportunities my porch provides.  It offers rest and relaxation.  It shelters me from the storms.  My porch provides a view of the neighborhood that I wouldn't see if I was indoors.  

Knowing that I have an opportunity that may not come along every day, I'm going to try and make this the very best of days.  Life is too short to waste it.  

Did you know that they say Porch Sitting is more of an attitude than an actual way of life.  You don't really need a porch to take an advantage of each and every opportunity a new day brings your way.  

Looking at our long range forecast here I see there is an opportunity for some sunshine 8 out of 10 days here.  Some days may be cloudy with just a peak of the sun now and then, and some may be full of sunshine the whole day through.  What ever the weather, I'll be making every day sunny.  It's a matter of attitude!

Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending.  

Author Unknown

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Do you belong to the Porch Sitting union? I understand there is one. I'm going to join.

Carol Z said...

I want to join, too! I'll extend it to benches in New York City.

jack69 said...

Your porch references always make me smile. Yes there are so many good things about a porch. We do not have an actual porch here, but to us it is about the same. A place to sit and talk.

Jean said...

I love a porch, but the one we have is too small to sit on so we use our carport. It's large, big enough for our car, truck and plenty room on the back to sit out.
I just wish we had a big front porch it would be much better. My family home had a big porch that went around on one side it had two swings one on the side porch and one on the long porch, plus plenty of rocker chairs. Oh what memories. Take care. Jean

Chatty Crone said...

That is a perfect idea! sandie