It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 29, Book 13



Specially blended for a Summer kind of wonderful…

We've probably all heard the saying:  Will wonders never cease…I don't think they do.  Every day is a wonder to me, especially in the summertime.

I do enjoy summer and have been thinking of all the wonderful things that I am thankful for.  

The sunshine - It gives us Vitamin D which we need for our bodies and it helps our moods too and has such healing benefits

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables - Watermelon and corn on the cob never tastes as good any other time of the year.

Trees and flowers - Summer is a beautiful time of the year.  The colors of everything from the tallest tree to smallest flower are absolutely brilliant.

The Beach - While I don't get to the beach often at all, I do love it and the shores of Lake Erie are not so far away.  In the summertime, they provide a lot of fun in the sun.  I do so enjoy watching the waves roll in and out.

These are all things we don't have here any time of year.  I'm thankful for Summertime and the wonderful things it brings with it.  Remember the scent of freshly cut hayfields. take time to listen to the sound of crickets chirping beneath the steps, songbirds singing before they migrate to other regions. Hear the wind rustling the trees. Cherish the sight of a butterfly flitting through the garden, alighting on flowers. Savor the taste of cool, tart lemonade, sweet hand picked berries and farm market produce.

Sumer is wonderful, but it has an expiration date. So embrace Summer. Love it, Cherish it. Store up memories of her sweetness until she returns again. Take time to savor the wonder of summertime, quickly, today . . . before summer's lease expires.  My advice: Stop what you are doing today for a few brief moments. Just stop. Yes, today. Just take time to savor the wonders of the season before it is over. Have wonder filled wonderful Summer!

5 comments:

Carol Z said...

I'm enjoying warm weather and the long days and watermelon, too. The fruit has been great this season and it's a favorite snack. Happy Saturday wishes.

jack69 said...

I like the thought, Wonders will never cease!
So very true. I stood and looked at a flower yesterday. They are amazing and a wonder in their selves. I enjoyed the header picture of flowers.
Wonders!!!!

We do need to be reminded that they are all around us. (HUGS)

Chatty Crone said...

I hope wonders never cease because that is what keeps me going a lot of times. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

All wonderful reasons to love summer.

Back Porch Writer said...

Summer time is nice. Although I try to avoid this southern heat we'll be having beginning about the 4th through mid Sept. Yesterday it was warm but we had the nicest breeze and I wish it would stay like that! Have a great Sunday!