It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 7, Book 13




Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it. 

Abraham Lincoln 

WORD FOR TODAY:

Dare

Have the courage to do something

It takes a lot of faith to believe that right makes might sometimes.  It seems easier to cheat a little to get ahead faster.  I know people that try to do it all the time.  But I've never been a cheater or even wanted to be one.  


To do our duty isn't easy sometimes.  It's easier to take some shortcuts and skip the hard parts.  We try to avoid the difficulties in life if we possibly can. 

Most of us know from personal experience that the easy way isn't always the right way. It isn't always the best way. Every day, we have countless opportunities to take the easiest, yet least satisfying road.

We often we turn to the things that comfort and numb us instead of acknowledging the things we want to change. Changes aren't easy, ever.  They take us out of our comfort zones.  

 

 Don't think you're on the right road just because it's a well-beaten path. 

Author Unknown

4 comments:

jack69 said...

I have used that word all my life and never really thought about the definition of it. I like this theme you have come up with. It has caused me to think a lot.

Oh and of course you know I love the UNKNOWN quote, how true....
((HUGS))
PS would you believe the birthcertificate I ordered yesterday is due here today? Amazing.

TARYTERRE said...

I don't do well out of my comfort zone. LOVE the quote about the well beaten path.

Chatty Crone said...

I like that word of the day!!!

Rose said...

The word of the day is a good one. It makes one think.