It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 4, Book 13




There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves. 

Thomas Wolfe

WORD FOR TODAY:


Appealing

Attractive or interesting.

Home cooking does appeal to me more than eating out.  While I'm not so beautiful, I do enjoy cooking for those I love. Most of what I cook isn't really the healthiest of food, but it's tasty.  Old fashioned cooking like I do, is fast becoming a thing of the past.  I've noticed more and more that people are more concerned about fats and sugars in their diet.

Cooking for one isn't very appealing at all and I find myself fixing the quickest and easiest things I can when I'm at home alone.  It does make a difference when it comes to fixing a food for family though.  Then I'll spend hours in the kitchen.  

When I was at a celebration party for one of my grandson's recently, one of the guests brought along a dip to share with everyone and I asked for the recipe as it was very good.  It was served with Ritz crackers, but I suppose it would be good with all sorts of chips or crackers. 

Swiss Cheese Dip

1 package finely grated Swiss cheese
chopped green onions or chives
enough Mayo to moisten 

Mix well and chill.

I didn't even know they made prepackaged grated swiss cheese, but it was delicious!

The nice thing was it was appealing and quick and easy too!

3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

The dip sounds delicious and very appealing.

peggy said...

I was just thinking about how we have changed in what we eat. Sugar is bad now and my grandmother never made a meal without a dessert (and no one was fat). I'm like you, don't like to cook anything for just me. Happy Saturday.

jack69 said...

Good word, and good read with fine examples of Appealing.
the dip does sound good.
((HUGS))