It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 28, Book 13







It's All About Attitude

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight.  I have responsibilities to fulfill today.  I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or... I can be thankful the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or... I can be glad my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health or... I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or... I can feel grateful they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns or... I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or... I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or... I can feel honored because God has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.

I get to play a big part into what kind of day I will have!

 Author Unknown






He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who has gained the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children; who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; who has left the world better than he found it, whether by an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; who has never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had; whose life was an inspiration; whose memory a benediction. 

Bessie Stanley, 1905, also commonly attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson


TODAY'S WORD:

Acheivement

A thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or 
skill


There is a lovely saying that says success comes in cans and failure comes in can'ts.  If you think you can, you will.

To achieve anything, you really do have to think you can do it.  It's the thought that keeps us going.  It's all about the choices we make and our attitudes.  

We all usually know what needs to be done. There’s very little question when we need to eat less, spend less, drive slower, or be nicer to the people around us.  The hard thing is to do it 

Becoming an 'I Can and I Will' type of person is a matter of thinking that you CAN DO IT!  We can all become the person we want to be.   We've all made mistakes, but the great thing is that every day we get a chance to do it over again.  To have a fresh start every morning means that what ever we did wrong yesterday can be made right today.

Even though most of us can do anything we want to, there are many who choose to do nothing.



What if we tried to live by the motto:  DO all the good you can?  Wouldn't that be nice.These days I try not to think of what I want out of life but think of what I can give to life instead


The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.

Thomas Edison

5 comments:

linda m said...

Very good post Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

I loved your post today and I agree with it all. I really like the John Wesley quote at the end. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Loved the quotes here. We need to be like the little engine that could. I think I can. I think I can.

Linda said...

Great post! Now I am about to GET TO WORK!!

jack69 said...

Love this one. I had never heard of the cans and can't's. good point.

Love the read, lifts the sights and sets the sails better.

Thomas Edison is right, and he proved it.
(HUGS)