It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 26, 2013



 It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help. 

Author Unknown 


TODAY'S WORD:

Impressive

Evoking admiration through size, quality, or skill


Some people are impressed by looks, or wealth, or expensive things.  I'm most impressed by the things and people in my life that true and down to earth.  Nothing fancy fits in my lifestyle so the simple and the ordinary are very often the things that impress me most.

Life is filled with simple pleasures, the little satisfying things you never really anticipate, but always take great pleasure in. A contented life is enjoyable, desirable, and admirable. Over the years I found that those who don’t have it, desire it and are impressed with those who have.We always have a choice as to what we pay attention to, what we focus on, and what we appreciate.

Most often, the people that truly inspire us possess invisible qualities. We need to pay attention and allow ourselves to be impressed by the greatness of life, others, and ourselves.

In order to be easily impressed by and truly appreciate the simple things in life, we have to look for good stuff, appreciate the small miracles that occur around us all the time, and focus on the amazing aspects of people and situations found in our daily lives.Then we'll begin to realize what we are truly here for and what life is really about. 

Some beautiful things are more impressive when left imperfect than when too highly finished. 

Francois de la Rochefoucauld

5 comments:

Carol Z said...

I think all the little things are our life. I like the big events, but most of my life is spent in average days and I best enjoy the average days or I've missed a lot of life. One of my favorite plays is "Our Town, " and that's the story I see in it.

jack69 said...

You are right about what impresses people. I am impressed by a good honest life.
Have a wonderful day!

Chatty Crone said...

I am impressed this weekend over all the men and women who have served in our military. Praise God for them. sandie

Scrappy quilter said...

I love people that are real and I love the simple things. Another great post as always.

TARYTERRE said...

I am impressed with nature and how it never fails to amaze me.