It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 25, Book 13




Whenever you feel like criticizing any one…
just remember that all the people in this world
haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.
 F. Scott Fitzgerald,
The Great Gatsby


TODAYS WORD:

Advantage


A condition or circumstance that puts one in a favorable or superior position.

I've had advantages though out my life that I'm sure others have not.  There are also many who've had advantages that I've never had. 

Things that happen in our lives help to form who and what we are.  Those advantageous things can make us stronger, kinder and better people.  Having a good education is an advantage to some, but just because we are educated doesn't make us wise.  Some don't even want to take advantage of going to school.  I know there are kids that hate it and don't even try to learn all that they can.

I had the advantage of being raised by parents that cared.  Many kids don't even have one of their parents present in their lives.  And there are kids that have them, but don't like them at all.

No matter what advantages we may have or not, it's a matter of making use of what we have and appreciating it too!

One thing I try never to take advantage of is the things and people in my life.  I try to show my appreciation and give thanks for them at every opportunity.


The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. 

Friedrich Nietzsche

5 comments:

Carol Z said...

I too have had many advantages and I always put my parents on the top of the list. They provided so much, especially encouragement.
Wishes for a super Saturday!

Chatty Crone said...

When you point a finger three come back to you! And the Great Gatsby is at the movies with Leo...Have a good weekend Pam.sandie

TARYTERRE said...

We often take the advantages we've had for granted. It's nice to acknowledge them.

jack69 said...

It is a fact to people who know you, I would bet, that you would never take unfair advantage of anyone.
Have a great weekend and remember those who died in defense of our country..

((HUGS))

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

I totally agree Ma. I was also lucky enough to have some advantages growing up, but my biggest advantage was how much my parents cared and loved me. Having that beats financial advantages any day. I am so thankful for that and have always remembered the importance of it as I've raised my own children. I think it really shows in the type of people they are. I'm so proud of them!