It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 24, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 24, Book 13




 If in the last few years you haven't discarded a major opinion or acquired a new one, check your pulse. You may be dead. 

Gelett Burgess

TODAY'S WORD

opinion

A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The longer I live, the more I think that I should keep my opinions to myself.  My thoughts are often not very popular and more than once I've been told they are old fashioned too.  There are certain things though that I feel it's very important to let others know about.  I'm pretty vocal when it comes to sharing with others what I think is important in life.

If you don't know what you stand for in life, it's way to easy to let others make that decision for you.

I do value others opinions, but there have been very few things that I've changed my opinion about. I like the fact that I know where my values lie.  I  There have been a few people that I judged too quickly and found out later that my opinion of them was the exact opposite of what they really were.  We really aren't supposed to act as judges anyway.  

It's hard for anyone to sway my opinion but when they do I'm glad I listened to them with an open mind.  I've learned a lot about people by hearing what they have to say.  

Opinions are valuable, but they are not the end all and be all of what counts. It's good to evaluate what your opinions are as well as what others have to say and live your life the best you can.

 Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. 

Les Brown 

4 comments:

linda m said...

As I have gotten older I have become more vocal with my opinions. Blessings

jack69 said...

This word brings a smile. With our 3yrs old twin grand sons in the back seat, I had made a statement and one of them spoke up, "In my opinion, that should not happen".
I was floored, "IN YOUR opinion?"
"Yes Grandpa, everyone has an opinion!"

This from a three year old.

Chatty Crone said...

Well I have lots of opinions Pam - but no one really cares what they are - because they have their own that they think are very important and right!!! sandie

TARYTERRE said...

LOVED the quote you lead off the blog post with.