It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 22, Book 13




TAKE TIME
Take time to rest - it is the foundation of health and vitality.
Take time to think - it is the source of achievement.
Take time to read - it is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to play - it is the secret of staying young.
Take time to be quiet - it is the opportunity to seek God.
Take time to share - it is too short a life to be selfish.
Take time to be aware - it is the opportunity to help others.
Take time to laugh - it's the music of the heart.
Take time to be loved - it nourishes the soul.
Take time to be friendly - it is the road to happiness.
Take time to pray - it is the greatest power on earth.
Take time to dream - it's the well of inspiration.
There is time for everything.
 'There is a season for everything, a time for every occupation under heaven'

 Ecclesiastes 3:1 

TODAY'S WORD

Aware

Having knowledge or perception of a situation or fact

Concerned and well-informed about a particular situation or development

Most of us aren't aware of it, but there is time for everything really want to do.  When you think about what you want to do, it is often not what you need to do.  Want and need are two very different things.  

I may want to do more gardening, but I need to do more de-cluttering in my house.  Of course I'll garden more.  

I'm all about doing what I want to do in more cases than not.  Life is to short, and the season is too, to spend time indoors.    They say that rainy days are good for staying inside and getting the house work done, and I choose to take advantage of those days, just like I take the sunny days to spend outside, rainy days are inside days.

I am very well aware of the blessing it is to have a quiet normal day to do what ever it is that I want to.  There will be days in all of our lives, that will turn our lives upside down.  Never forget to take the time to do those important things and hug those you love and hold them tightly.  I love normal days and am thankful for them.

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.  Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart.  Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.  Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.  One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.  

Mary Jean Iron

5 comments:

jack69 said...

WE TRY TO REMEMBER and enjoy the AWARENESS of a Normal day.

(HUGS) from the quiet boonies. But the troops are coming in for the big holiday weekend, but we leave tomorrow...

TARYTERRE said...

You need to be aware of your surroundings and the people in it for sure. Liked the paragraphs at the beginning and end.

Chatty Crone said...

I liked this today on time. Ecclesiastes talks a lot about time for things doesn't it? Sometimes it doesn't seem like we have time for everything, but I guess we do - if we try to make time. Life is going so fast it seems...
Love, sandie

linda m said...

One must make sure they always "make" time for the important things in life. Blessings

Linda said...

There is nothing as blessed as a 'normal day.' Or a 'routine' doctor visit.