It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 21, Book 13


My youngest grandson who will be 1 year old this coming weekend.  That's a tooth brush in his hand.  Multi tasking while driving already.


Whenever I held my newborn baby in my arms, I used to think that what I said and did to him could have an influence not only on him but on all whom he met, not only for a day or a month or a year, but for all eternity - a very challenging and exciting thought for a mother.  

Rose Kennedy



TODAY'S WORD

influence

The capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself.

There have been many things influence my life. Some were good to very good, and some were bad. I thank God that I have been able to shuck the bad and keep the good. It was the influence of a grandmother to a granddaughter that made me much of what I am. As far as I could tell she made the most of life with what she had and never wanted for anything more.  

In hours of weariness, sensations sweet,
Felt in the blood, and felt along the heart;
And passing even into my purer mind,
With tranquil restoration:—feelings, too,
Of unremembered pleasure: such, perhaps,
As have no slight or trivial influence
On that best portion of a good man's life,
His little, nameless, unremembered acts
Of kindness and of love….
William Wordsworth

We can be thankful for the good influences in our life and praise God for those that influenced us in a positive direction. Take those same influences and pass them on to someone else.

If you can't be a good influence, be a horrible warning.

6 comments:

linda m said...

I have had some positive influences in my life and they have made me a better person. Had some bad ones too. I hope I have been a positive influence to someone in my life.

Chatty Crone said...

I read somewhere where it is be positive month of day. I know you are a positive gal and will influence your grands! For the good!

sandie

jack69 said...

WOW, has it been a year since you announced the birth? That is unbelievable.
One thing WE know is that your influence will have a big impression on this young life.
(HUGS)

Scrappy quilter said...

WOW a year old, doesn't seem possible. It's so good to be back and to read your encouraging words. Always so positive. Hugs

TARYTERRE said...

What a cutie he is. I'm sure he has a wonderful influence on you.

Jean said...

Your grandson is so cute. We’re still waiting for the arrival of our newest grandbaby, little Miss Sierra.
Due date 6/6/2013.