It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, May 02, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 2, Book 13




What is right is often forgotten by what is convenient. 

Bodie Thoene



TODAY'S WORD:

Convenient

Fitting in well with a person's needs, activities, and plans.
Involving little trouble or effort


Life isn't very easy at times.  It often involves a lot of trouble and effort.  

Sometimes it would be very convenient for me to go along with the tide and do what others do, but I'm not that kind of person.  I know it's far better for me to stand firm in the important things and bend only when theirs not much option to do otherwise.

Conveniences are a way of life.  A lot of people eat out every day just so they don't have to cook and do the dishes.  Sadly my sink always has dishes in it and I rarely eat out.  Matter of fact I do like my own cooking over most restaurants.

While some thought it convenient to have only 1 or 2 children, I had a large family of 7 instead.  I truly loved every moment of raising those children and love it now that I have 18 grandchildren.  I would never choose convenience over life.

More and more people enjoy the convenience of texting over a phone call.  I prefer a phone call.  I want to hear what is being said. Some think it's convenient to sleep in on Sunday mornings that to get up and go to church.  I get up and show up every Sunday.

I do have a lot of conveniences in my home.  I have central heating and air conditioning and a microwave and a toaster oven.  But I don't have a dishwasher.  There is not convenient places in my kitchen to put one unless I gave up some cupboard space.  Cupboard space is at a minimum in my kitchen so it isn't convenient for me to do that.

What ever we do or where every we go I think it is important to choose priorities in life, not conveniences.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. 

Martin Luther King, Jr 

5 comments:

peggy said...

I don't have a dishwasher either, but then again, it's just me, but then again the sink seems to be always full.I did have one, but it seemed more trouble to put them away so when it fizzled, I gave it up. I store stuff in it now and that's convenient for me. Happy May second.

linda m said...

I have a dishwasher but never use it. Prefer to do my dishes by hand. Some modern conveniences are great others are just a pain in the neck. Oh well, just gotta go with the flow. On vacation for about a week; see you when I get back. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

I think choosing priorities over conveniences can be difficult sometimes.

jack69 said...

Convenient, that is what we humans like, not always the best, but we like convenient..

I have skipped it at times, but not often.

((HUGS))

Chatty Crone said...

Amen to this - What is right is often forgotten by what is convenient.

Bodie Thoene

Everyone wants the way out these days and not do what is right!

sandie