It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 18, Book 13



Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to joy, and makes right royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods. 

Robert G. Ingersoll


Today's Word:

Joy

A feeling of great pleasure and happiness


Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Psalm 30:5

Everyone delights in finding hidden treasure. Whether a child discovers coins buried in a sandbox or an adult stumbles upon a priceless antique in the attic—finding unexpected wealth is joyous!  Every new morning is like opening up a treasure chest.  It's nice to have a nice day. But it's great to have a joyful day. 

Granted, there are always unexpected things happening each and every day; but really… wouldn’t life be boring if everything went according to plan, every single day?  Every cloud has a silver lining, or so the old saying goes.  When you look for those joy filled moments it seems life becomes a grand adventure.

I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning. 

 J. B. Priestley

It is morning here , and I watch the sky wake in streaks of color.  purple. pink. orange. Mornings don't always make a bright beginning like this one, but still I'm thankful for each one.  Every morning brings something beautiful.  Always different.  From coast to coast, and across the globe Gad wakes the world with something wonderful.  He  chooses to do this beautiful, breathtaking, glorious thing again and again, just for us.

When you think about it, God’s limitless supply meets every need. This is treasure indeed! 


You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
that my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent O LORD my God,
I will give thanks to You forever 

Psalm 30:11-12.

5 comments:

jack69 said...

What a JOY to read your posts. Yes the Good Book has much to say on Joy, I love the scriptures you quote and reference.
Yes you are a Joy!
((HUGS))

Carol Z said...

(En)joy is my word for this year and I am enjoying this glorious spring weather and all that the days hold. Enjoy!

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Beautiful Ma. I sure have missed your inspirational wisdom filled posts. It's good to be back. I hope all has been well in your world :)

TARYTERRE said...

What a lovely way to look at each day, like a treasure chest.

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you had some joy this weekend Pam. sandie