It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Chapter 5, Page 14, Book 13
Some Important Don't's author unknown Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You name them Work, Family, Health, Friends and Spirit, and you are keeping all of them in the air. You will soon understand that Work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls--Family, Health, Friends and Spirit--are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.
1. Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
2. Don't set your goals by what others deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
3. Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.
4. Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.
5. Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
6. Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is the fragile thread that binds us each together.
7. Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.
8. Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
9. Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been, but also where you are going.
10. Don't forget that a person' s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
11. Don't be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.
12. Don't use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Life is not a race , but a journey to be savoured each step of the way.
Authentic Of undisputed origin; genuine
Made or done in the traditional or original way:
So many times we keep our authentic self hidden because we are afraid. The story about the 5 balls and the tips above say so much about life.
To be who and what you really are isn't easy because we all want to please those around us. I've found that the person we need to please most is ourself. If we aren't happy with ourselves, no one else will be happy with us either.
We all need to be appreciated. The fact is that there have been few times in my life when anyone has actually thanked me or said how much they appreciated me. Still, I know that I am. Because I've been a mom and a wife, I know that very often we give a lot and get little, but the rewards are worth the giving. My thanks has come when I see them enjoying their food, or when they laugh and joke around, being comfortable and safe in my home. The thankfulness of actions rather than words sometimes says much more.
Family and friends are never to be taken for granted. They are treasures beyond telling. YOU are a treasure, one of a kind, and there is nobody else like you either!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.