It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, May 13, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 13, Book 13




Tiny Lilly of the Valley blooms along side the house right now.  I do have some weeding to do as I see a small tree growing  and some clover too.

One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, and compassion.

Simone de Beauvoir


TODAY'S WORD:


Affluent

 Generously supplied with money, property, or possessions; prosperous or rich.
Plentiful; abundant.
 Flowing freely; copious


There is an old Beatles sang that says money can't buy you love. It's true!  The only things that really matter cannot be bought or sold.  They come from the heart!

Money is important as it does provide things that make us feel comfortable and secure.  It's that feeling we get when we know there is food in the cupboard and a home around us to keep us safe from the storms of life.

Being affluent, isn't all about money.  It's about the abundance of things we have. I'm wealthy beyond measure when it comes to having plenty of family around.  I do have a home that keeps me safe.  I do have all the food I want and I am comfortable in my life style, so maybe I am an affluent person.

Not rich or wealthy, but having all I'll ever really need.  I'm thankful for that.  

To laugh often and much;
 to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; 
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
 to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; 
to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, 
a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
 to know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. 
This is to have succeeded.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

linda m said...

I am not an affluent person by any mens but I am "rich" in love. I have all I need; I have family and friends and I have love. God has richly blessed me and I thank Him every day for His love of me. Blessings

jack69 said...

I read once that If you have change in your pocket and a roof over your head you are more Affluent than over 90% of the people in the world.

If you add being loved and loving, how blessed can we be?
((HUGS)) from out in the boonies.
but it is trying to cool off again stranger and stranger.

Chatty Crone said...

Well I agree with you - I think things that are free are true gifts and make your affluent -- but a little money is a good thing too! lol

sandie

TARYTERRE said...

A fellow blogger recently said, "money can't buy you love. But if you have it, love will find you." Unfortunately this is true. LOVE the EMERSON paragraph.